I have an obsession with small, cute things. I especially love cupcakes. They’re perfect for one person, with just the right amount of frosting & there’s just enough room to put some finishing touches, such as sprinkles & a cherry on top.
What’s cuter than a cupcake? Cupcakes on your nails! The process was fairly easy, but it’ll take some time for each layer to dry before moving on. I did put too much “frosting” on 2 of my nails, so it got mushed up when I went out. I’ll have to remember not to do anything until it’s completely dried.
1) I always take paper from the recycling bin (this was an Rite-Aid ad) to test out color combinations first. This makes it easier when it’s time to actually paint my nails because I already have an idea how it will come out. Plus, some colors just do not go well together.
2) Put on a clear base coat. Put on a bright coordinating color on your thumb, middle & pinky finger. (Revlon – Strength of Pink) Put on a neutral color on your index & ring finger to be used for the cupcake design. (Revlon – Sheer Nude)
3) Paint the cupcake liner across half of your nails. (O.P.I. – Yodel Me On My Cell)
4) Using a thin brush, create the vertical creases of the cupcake liner. (LA Colors Art Deco – Silver)
5) Paint a fluffy white dome on top of the cupcake liner. Try to not make this layer too thick. Unfortunately, mine was & it got mushed when I picked up my purse. (Wet n Wild Wild – French White Creme
6) Use a clear glitter nail polish to add the “sprinkles” on the “frosting.” (E.l.f. – Sparkles)
7) Use a Dotting Toolor a toothpick to create the “cherry” on top. Dip your tool into the polish color to create a circle. I used a toothpick to create the heart. Practice on paper first so you can get it perfect on your nails on the first try. (Nailtini – Mango Rita) When everything is completely dry, add a clear top coat.
This is possibly the cutest nail design I’ve done so far. I’m so happy with the way it came out. I’m sure I’ll go through all the colors of the rainbow to create more cupcakes in the future.
Hope you like this tutorial! ENJOY!
Where to purchase products:
Nailtiques 1 – used as my base coat to help my nails get stronger. Here’s the larger bottle.
Nailtiques 2 – you’ll use this every day for a few weeks for brittle nails to get stronger.
Revlon – Strength of Pink
Wet n Wild – White
Revlon – Sheer Nude
O.P.I. – Yodel Me On My Cell
LA Colors Art Deco – Silver
E.l.f. – Sparkles
Nailtini – Mango Rita