Smores Pop Tutorial by ilovemunkie
Most everyone loves smores, but sometimes things get a little sticky when you make it the conventional way. I’ve found a great idea by making Smores Pops instead. This is a really fun & easy project to do at home. This is very kid-friendly so you can get the kiddies involved & they will love you so much more for it. They may make a little mess, but they can always lick it up. This is also a wonderful favor to give away at bridal showers, birthday parties, & even at a wedding.
1 bag of Large Marshmallows
1 bag of chocolate Candy Melts (12 oz) or chocolate chips
1 box of Graham Crackers
1 bag of Lollipop Sticks (you’ll need about 50 sticks)
1 bag of clear Favor Bags (optional)
Line a baking sheet with foil. You will lay your final product on the baking sheet.
Open up your bag of marshmallows. Try not to eat one right then & there. *sigh* No one ever listens. 😉
Open your graham crackers & place them into a zip-lock bag. You can crush them by pounding them with a rolling pin or even putting them into a food processor. It’s up to you if you have aggression to let out that day or not. I like the crumbs fairly small so they adhere better.
Start a double boiler over the stove. You will use a saucepan & boil some water. Turn the heat to low & put a heat resistant bowl on top. Be careful, the bowl will get hot. Put your Candy Melts or chocolate in there & mix with a spatula until all the chocolate have melted. You can keep your chocolate over the heat. Just make sure the burner is on low at this point otherwise you’ll burn the chocolate.
1) Take marshmallow & dip into the chocolate.
2) Now dip that into the graham cracker mixture.
3) Insert Lollipop stick into the end with chocolate & graham crackers. Lay on the baking sheet.
4) Repeat. When all of them are done, you may want to put it into the fridge to ensure the chocolate is set.
5) Optional – put 2 Smores Pop into a favor bag & tie with string.
6) Optional – You can very, very carefully use your gas stove top to melt the marshmallows, but please have adult supervision. And if you’re an adult, just don’t burn off your eyebrows, okay?!?
Easy Peasy & it’s so cute!